30 July 2006

Upgrade to Intel Core 2 Duo E6700

For those who have been following the blog, I just replaced my old ASUS P4 board + Socket 478 P4 3.0G with a cheap ASRock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 (which was reviewed and recommended at www.ocworkbench.com) with a E6700 Conroe processor.

Now I am able to decode the real time videos much better than before. The CPU utilisation also dropped from a high of 70-90% to 30-50%. Although i am using a X1600XT graphic card, the decoder I have directly writes to screen. Thus I am unable to take advantage of the AVIVO feature of the graphics card.

If you know of any DVB-T tuners that can decode h.264, do let me know.

More discussions can be found at the following sites/forums :
http://www.ocwforums.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=20243

No comments:

Amazon Deals