25 December 2006

Cheap HTPC Setup using ASRock AliveNF4G-DVI

I setup a simple HTPC using this board. I read the review and found this board, paired it up with a cheap AM2 processor can save me some cash. As it is integrated with NVIDIA graphics which can decode PureVideo. It is the natural choice for me until I upgrade the video with an add on card.

The ALiveNF4G-DVI supports dual channel DDRII-800/667/533 with 4 DIMM slots with a max capacity of 8GB. It comes with 2 PCI, 1 PCIe x16 and 1 PCIex1. The board comes with integrated NV44 graphics DX9.0 VGA that supports Pixel Shader 3.0. It can used up to a max. shared memory 128MB. The board is NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready for accelerating video clips. Most importantly, the board has a dual VGA output port. - it supports DVI-D and D-Sub ports by independent display controllers.



http://www.ocworkbench.com/2006/asrock/ALiveNF4G-DVI/g1.htm

No comments:

Amazon Deals